|Table of Contents|
The aim of SolarGIS Solargis API is to provide programmatic access to SolarGIS Solargis database and procedures (e.g. PV simulation, satellite modeling results, etc.or GTI calculator) for computers over the web. API is a "user interface" for developers. Developers can automate requesting sending requests and receiving SolarGIS Solargis products by using standard web protocols as FTP FTP or HTTP and smoothly integrate the results into their processing chain (evaluation. monitoring, forecasting, comparisons, validation, calibration , yield assessmentetc.).
SolarGIS Solargis API endpoint
|Available data||Technical information|
|Historic data||Operational data||Forecast data||Long-term average data||Web protocol||Communication||Content type|
|CSV (request and response)|
|WS API Time Series||HTTP (SOAP or REST-like)||synchronous||XML (request and response)|
|WS API Long-term Averages||HTTP (SOAP or REST-like)||synchronous||XML (request and response)|
SolarGIS Solargis API consists of three endpoints with slightly different capabilities:
- SolarGIS Solargis FTP API - The service can deliver regularly updated PV simulation, solar radiation and meteo. meteorological data to remote FTP sitesdirectories. This service provides most comprehensive set of input parameters. Request processing is asynchronous (client registers a request, server handles the request later, client then checks for for the response) and can be done regularly (e.g. once per day, per month) or occasionally. Both request and response are CSV delimited text files, thus they can easily be automated and processed in batch mode. In case of FTP API, every single day the user is updated by operational data for yesterday. After the calendar month is fully completed, user is shipped with the same data again, because not all inputs are fully ready at the time of the daily update. This process is called re-analysis. There can be a minor difference between operational and re-analysed (archive or final) data. Available amount of requested data is related to available period of the particular data source. Please refer to the map of coverage. For pricing and setting up FTP user account, please contact us. SolarGIS FTP API can be also used for forecasting.
- Solargis WS API Time Series - This standard Web service is aimed for quickly serving operational and forecast data (PV simulation, solar radiation and meteorological data) in synchronous manner (client waits for server to finish response). Typical usage for the service is performance monitoring, forecasting, comparisons of recorded vs. simulated PV data, asset management. Due to performance reason the amount of data within one request is currently limited to period of max. 31 days regardless to time resolution (the same rule applies for daily, hourly or 15-minute time step). Both request and response are XML documents. WS API request parameters (represented as XML elements and attributes) are formally described by XML Schema Definition documents (XSD). By using XML schema document, each piece of XML document can be verified programmatically. For this service we provide two endpoint variants, classical SOAP or more light REST-like access. Look for more technical information here. Forecast data are available in the same way as with the FTP API. Authentication and billing is based on API key registered with the user. Please contact us to discuss your specific requirements, and we will prepare a customized quotation for you.
- SolarGIS Solargis WS API Long-term Averages - Standard XML-based Web service provides long-term averaged PV simulation, solar radiation and meteo. data with global coverage. Suitable for site prospection and feasibility. The service imitates the click on Calculate button in SolarGIS Solargis pvPlanner application. The request and response for the service is not covered in this user guide. Technical information can be found here.
Historic Historical archived data is available according to regions showed in orange color on the coverage map below. For other regions use climData online shop.
Spatial and Temporal Coverage of
Historical and Operational PV and Solar Radiation Data
- Yellow regions: GFS model from NOAA, USA is available globally with forecasting up to 7 days ahead (today + 7 days = 8 days affected in total). Frequency of the update is once in 12 hours.
- Violet regions: more advanced IFS model from ECMWF, UK. Frequency of the update is once in 12 hours, forecasting today + 3 days ahead (4 days in total). The rest of days (up to 7 ahead) is filled by GFS model.
Forecast is based on SolarGIS Solargis post-processing of outputs from numerical weather models. The forecast time series include the following PV, solar radiation and meteorological data in hourly step:
Responses from this service are standard SolarGIS Solargis CSV format files with header, metadata and data sections.They are suitable for automated processing. Examples of CSV response files:
- hourly time-series: SolarGISSolargis_TS_hourly_sample.csv,
- monthly time-series: SolarGISSolargis_TS_monthly_sample.csv,
- monthly long-term averages: SolarGIS_LTA_monthly_sample.csv
Content of metadata element match with the metadata used in SolarGIS Solargis CSV format file.
<dataDeliveryResponse> <site id="site1dummy" lat="48.61259" lng="20.827079"> <metadata> #HOURLY VALUES OF SOLAR RADIATION AND PV OUTPUT # #Issued: 2015-11-13 15:06 # #Site name: Firstsite #Latitude: 48.612590 #Longitude: 20.827079 #Elevation: 111.0 m a.s.l. #http://solargis.info/imaps/#tl=Google:satellite&loc=48.612590,20.827079&z=14 # # #Output from the climate database SolarGISSolargis v2.0.8 # #Solar radiation data #Description: data calculated from Meteosat MSG satellite data ((c) 2015 EUMETSAT) and from atmospheric data ((c) 2015 ECMWF and NOAA) by SolarGISSolargis method #Summarization type: hourly #Summarization period: 28/04/2014 - 28/04/2014 #Spatial resolution: 250 m # # #Service provider: GeoModel Solar s.r.o., M. Marecka 3, Bratislava, Slovakia #Company ID: 45 354 766, VAT Number: SK2022962766 #Registration: Business register, District Court Bratislava I, Section Sro, File 62765/B #http://solargis.info, firstname.lastname@example.org # #Disclaimer: #Considering the nature of climate fluctuations, interannual and long-term changes, as well as the uncertainty of measurements and calculations, GeoModel Solar s.r.o. cannot take full guarantee of the accuracy of estimates. The maximum possible has been done for the assessment of climate conditions based on the best available data, software and knowledge. GeoModel Solar s.r.o. shall not be liable for any direct, incidental, consequential, indirect or punitive damages arising or alleged to have arisen out of use of the provided data. SolarGISSolargis is a trade mark of GeoModel Solar s.r.o. # #Copyright (c) 2015 GeoModel Solar s.r.o. # # #Columns: #Date - Date of measurement, format DD.MM.YYYY #Time - Time of measurement, time reference UTC+1, time step 60 min, time format HH:MM, end of the averaging interval #GHI - Global horizontal irradiation [Wh/m2], no data value -9 #DIF - Diffuse horizontal irradiation [Wh/m2], no data value -9 #DNI - Direct normal irradiation [Wh/m2], no data value -9 #PVOUT - PV output [kWh] # #Data: Date;Time;GHI;DIF;DNI;PVOUT </metadata> <columns>GHI DIF DNI PVOUT</columns> <row dateTime="2014-04-28T01:00:00.000+01:00" values="0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0"/> <row dateTime="2014-04-28T02:00:00.000+01:00" values="0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0"/> <row dateTime="2014-04-28T03:00:00.000+01:00" values="0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0"/> <row dateTime="2014-04-28T04:00:00.000+01:00" values="0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0"/> <row dateTime="2014-04-28T05:00:00.000+01:00" values="12.0 10.0 24.0 0.362"/> <row dateTime="2014-04-28T06:00:00.000+01:00" values="123.0 61.0 314.0 7.642"/> <row dateTime="2014-04-28T07:00:00.000+01:00" values="288.0 108.0 512.0 22.836"/> <row dateTime="2014-04-28T08:00:00.000+01:00" values="472.0 128.0 682.0 39.531"/> <row dateTime="2014-04-28T09:00:00.000+01:00" values="623.0 146.0 752.0 51.373"/> <row dateTime="2014-04-28T10:00:00.000+01:00" values="710.0 200.0 694.0 56.572"/> <row dateTime="2014-04-28T11:00:00.000+01:00" values="734.0 244.0 613.0 56.909"/> <row dateTime="2014-04-28T12:00:00.000+01:00" values="454.0 283.0 208.0 33.365"/> <row dateTime="2014-04-28T13:00:00.000+01:00" values="466.0 266.0 253.0 32.947"/> <row dateTime="2014-04-28T14:00:00.000+01:00" values="677.0 248.0 578.0 48.315"/> <row dateTime="2014-04-28T15:00:00.000+01:00" values="365.0 231.0 204.0 24.423"/> <row dateTime="2014-04-28T16:00:00.000+01:00" values="462.0 170.0 579.0 28.702"/> <row dateTime="2014-04-28T17:00:00.000+01:00" values="296.0 110.0 530.0 13.76"/> <row dateTime="2014-04-28T18:00:00.000+01:00" values="120.0 61.0 269.0 3.287"/> <row dateTime="2014-04-28T19:00:00.000+01:00" values="6.0 6.0 4.0 0.08"/> <row dateTime="2014-04-28T20:00:00.000+01:00" values="0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0"/> <row dateTime="2014-04-28T21:00:00.000+01:00" values="0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0"/> <row dateTime="2014-04-28T22:00:00.000+01:00" values="0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0"/> <row dateTime="2014-04-28T23:00:00.000+01:00" values="0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0"/> <row dateTime="2014-04-29T00:00:00.000+01:00" values="0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0"/> </site> </dataDeliveryResponse>